Super Quest >
Super Quest - Map Key
Room Numbers are displayed in blue in the upper left.
Monsters are displayed in red in the upper right, with the number of monsters and then a letter representing the type:
- I - Imp
- S - Skeleton
- G - Goblin
- Z - Zombie
- V - Vampire
- # - Giant Spider
- M - Mummy
- T - Troll
- O - Ogre
- W - Wraith
- A - Afreet
- D - Dragon
- R - Rogue Dragon
Treasures are displayed in green in the lower left, with the number representing how much the treasure is worth in gold denars:
- 0-16 - a random small treasure: (either empty, worthless junk, strands of colored beads, a bag of old copper coins, a pouch filled with sundry coins, a tiny silver statuette, or a purse full of silver coins)
- 2 - Strands of colored beads
- 4 - A bag of old copper coins
- 8 - A pouch filled with sundry coins
- 12 - A tiny silver statuette
- 16 - A purse full of silver coins
- 28 - A pouch filled with opals
- 40 - A large gold earring
- 60 - A small bag of gold coins
- 100 - A large ruby
- 160 - A huge black pearl
- 200 - A platinum armband
- 260 - A giant blue sapphire
- 300 - A flawless giant emerald
- 400 - An enormous orange diamond
- IQs - Ten iron quarrels
- MQs - Ten magic quarrels
- TPs - Four vials of tana powder
- Heal - A vial of healing elixer
- 10K - The Mega-Crown
Rooms with exits that don't appear to link up with the adjoining room will change the adjoining room (by creating the appropriate exit in the adjoining room) as you go through the exit.
- If you visit room 18 (entering from the east or west) before visiting room 34, there will be no exit to the north to room 34.
- When you visit room 34 (entering from the east or west), there will be an exit to the south to room 18.
- As soon as you enter room 34, room 18 automatically changes to have a new exit to the north in addition to its original east and west exits.
- These changes in the dungeon only last until you save your game at the bazaar or a hospice.
Rooms with Magenta colored walls are randomly configured, changing each time you reload the game.
The exits that are guaranteed to be there are shown with paths that go straight through.
The remaining exits may or may not be there on any given game load, and are shown as obstructed paths.
- This room is guaranteed to have an exit to the south, but may or may not have exits in any of the other three directions.
- This room will be octogon shaped.
- This room is guaranteed to have exits to the north, west, and south, but may or may not have an exit to the east.
- This room will be either octogon shaped, or hallway shaped.
- This room is guaranteed to have an exit to the south and the east, but may or may not have exits to the north and/or the west.
- This room will be either octogon shaped, rectangular shaped, or hallway shaped.
Rooms of interest are highlighted in yellow:
- The bazaar (room 151) and the two hospices (rooms 383 and 558) are the only three locations where you can buy more supplies and save the game.
- The Puzzle Room shows up in one of three different locations (room 29, 104, or 226), randomly selected each time you load the game.
The normal room for that location is replaced with a room with 9 wraiths, and if you try to leave the Puzzle Room you'll just reenter it from the opposite side.
Only once you open the room's treasure chests will you be able to leave the Puzzle Room (and it's very difficult to get the treasures without killing all the wraiths first).
The treasures for the Puzzle Room are an enormous orange diamond (worth 400 gold denars), and then a second treasure of ten magic quarrels.
Once you've cleared the Puzzle Room, if you exit and then reenter the room it is replaced with an "open" style room.
- Room 262 (one of the entrance rooms to level 2) has a trap: If you open the chest, the room's exit to the south closes off.
You have to save your game at the bazaar or a hospice to reset the trap and reopen the passageway.
Beginning characters are unlikely to have the strength and supplies required for the trip to a hospice or back to the bazaar through the alternate route.
- Room 548 has a treasure chest that keeps on giving...
It gives you all the treasures on the list (everything except for the Magic Lamp and the Mega-Crown).
- Room 936 holds the Mega-Crown.
The game ends as soon as you open the chest.